All members and their guests must obey the rules and regulations
as set forth by the State of Illinois, County of DuPage and the Village IV Organization when using the Club’s facilities.
Pool Rules and Regulations
persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Village IV Organization will not assume responsibility
for any illness, accident or injury suffered by anyone while in or about the pool area.
· All persons are required to take a shower with soap before entering the pool.
· The County and Health Department require that all children who are not toilet trained be required to wear rubber
pants over their bathing suit or swim diapers. This rule will be strictly enforced.
· Bathers with shoulder length hair are required by the County Health Department to
wear a bathing cap or have hair secured with rubber bands. Barrettes and bobby pins can not be used to
hold hair back. Hair ties only.
· Street shoes are not to be worn on the pool deck. Clean pool shoes may be worn.
· Swim suits are the only attire permitted in the pool. White t-shirts may
be worn if necessary.
· For personal
safety no one is permitted to sit in the lifeguard’s chair, hang, sit or stand on the safety buoy lines in the pool
or use the safety equipment as a toy.
Ladders are to be used for entering and exiting the pool only. No prolonged
standing, jumping, or hanging on ladders.
Whenever additional safety or health rules are deemed advisable,
the management is authorized to issue and put into effect “temporary rules”. Management will
notify the members and the Village IV Board of its actions by posting signs. The Board will then review
and if agreed, approve the additional rules.
· Lifeguards are responsible for the pool and locker facilities under the direction of the Manager.
The judgment of the guards and management shall prevail as to proper dress, conduct, admission and all other pool matters.
Persons under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior
will not be permitted to enter the facility.
· The County of DuPage refuses admission to the pool to persons having any contagious diseases, infectious condition
or abrasions, which have not healed.
· Parents/guardians and registered babysitters must be responsible for supervising their children. Lifeguards
are on duty to enforce rules and respond in case of an emergency. Unsupervised children under the age of
10 will be sent home.
· Persons wearing swim attire will not be permitted in the upstairs lounge, upstairs game room
or on the fitness equipment. The ramp entrance should be used for entering and exiting the pool area.
Diving is permitted only from the diving board. The
diving board will be available at designated times by the lifeguards on duty or management.
· Floatation devices are not permitted from the diving board.
· Large floatation devices are not permitted in the pool without approval by Clubhouse Management.
· Lockers are available in the locker room. Summer rental of the lockers
is available (see information in pool brochure). Members/guests must provide their own locks for daily
rental. Daily rental locks must be removed at the end of the day or lock will be cut off. Items
left behind will be stored for the season and then discarded.
· For personal safety, the County restricts running, pushing, and rowdy behavior on the pool deck, in the water
or on the diving board. Persons who persist in dangerous activity will be required to leave the pool and
can lose Clubhouse privileges.
and drink will be allowed in the Pit and behind the blue lines. Glass containers
are required to clean up after themselves.
· Smoking is allowed in the pit area only.
· no prolonged breath holding (new rule for 2012 season).